1. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It really is much safer that way.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as a seller.