1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
5. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.