1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
5. When you shop online, be sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.