1. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. If you frequently shop online, ensure your antimalware is always high quality and up to date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers and other shady types who try to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.