1. When you are searching for a place to buy an item and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
2. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
3. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you may miss out on a much better deal someplace else.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.