1. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card instead of a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.