1. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Before buying from the new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
5. Speak to your friends about their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This will save you a lot of time and energy.