1. Call the web company before making a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want to be able to know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
3. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
4. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
5. When you are searching for a location to buy a specific thing and no results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.