1. Do more research on the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Before you start your web shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
4. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.