1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation being a seller.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
3. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all of this information to choose if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, as well as your area before you place an order.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.