1. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation as being a seller.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Be sure to save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.