1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to find the best price for any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If you find a fantastic product on the favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.