1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money as you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.