1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
3. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to determine if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your money with a company that fails to provide.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the net. If you choose the first sale you see, there exists a chance you will miss out on a much better deal someplace else.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's visiting you fairly!