1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with the excellent reputation.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, ensure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.