1. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. If you are looking at purchasing from the seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this provides you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you need to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again should be given a large swerve.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get a discount on the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. Look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online retailers give out discounts for various things and you can find them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.