1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on your items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.