1. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, you will find a chance you will miss out on a better deal somewhere else.