1. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. When shopping for a particular item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with some searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.