1. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
2. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. Call the online company before you make a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want to be able to know that one could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your bank card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.