1. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much better to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
2. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
3. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.