1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networks, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. If you are going to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is quite common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.