1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
3. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.