1. Online shopping is a great way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are around the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.