1. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good experience with them. It is also a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make certain that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
5. Internet shopping is a great way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save a lot more money.