1. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. Online shopping is a great way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
5. When you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a brand new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.