1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Always remember your financial budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual arena of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.