1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to shop from. If you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a site that offers a good page when you're adding your bank card information.
2. Whenever you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks approximately, make up a whole new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you opt for the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a better deal somewhere else.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.