1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you personally as you may get a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and discover that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. For those who have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
5. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.