1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money inside your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.