1. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
3. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all of this information to decide if these costs and options fit well for you personally, your budget, as well as your area prior to placing an order.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.