1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Talk to your friends regarding their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
3. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.