1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.