1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
3. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
5. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for the shipping on your items and when there are free delivery options available to you.