1. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are on the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you are able to.