1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you as much as possible.
4. Shop around when you shop online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you can.
5. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.