1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Call the online company before you make a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your charge card information. If you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
3. When you enjoy the ease of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You need to visit their profile and search for reviews authored by other shoppers who bought products using this seller. Usually do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are looking at.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.