1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller for the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. Typically this will give you an approximate idea of which kind of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.