1. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
2. When you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through another store.
5. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online shops. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This can save you a lot of time and energy.