1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation being a seller.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers had a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.