1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will help protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.