1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
2. If you are going to become doing some online shopping, make sure you be aware of the liability for every credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not would like to get stuck with purchases made on your card in the event the number is stolen.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, as an example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
5. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do that when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on an improved deal somewhere else.