1. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a whole new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and stick to it.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. As an example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.