1. Know about the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for your safest conditions.
2. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
3. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
4. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in a similar manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as being a seller.