1. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they could have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
3. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't desire to be spending your money using a company that fails to deliver.
4. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to learn their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.