1. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
2. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
3. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
4. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
5. Shop around when you shop online. You might find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you are able to.