1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.