1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. Shopping online is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save much more money.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.