1. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
2. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
5. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.