1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even desire to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.