1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
3. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Before you start your online shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
5. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.