1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.