1. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and none of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your money.
2. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to see if other customers had a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau as well. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
3. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
4. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.